Countryside and local product discovery
Half day tour - Local products and family businesses - Bamboo sticky rice - Spring roll workshop
We pick you up at 7 AM at your hotel to start the tour at 7.30 AM. The end is foreseen around 12.30 PM.
You can choose the transport (prices below):
- Bike (best experience!)
- Motor bike
We will visit a lot of places in the countryside of Battambang, some are cultural, others are businesses run by families. An overview of the places we will visit:
- Noodle factory
- Biggest Buddhist temple of Battambang!
- Fishing net producers
- A local market where people sell on the ground. The guide takes the time to explain you all products and how they are used in local dishes.
- Samrung Knong killing field
- Bamboo sticky rice makers (tasting included, very delicious snack!)
- Fish cheese factory
- Rice paper factory. You can roll a spring roll yourself!
- Optionally, we can have a visit to a local crocodile farm with more than 300 crocodiles...
What is included?
- Free cold water
- Local guide with very good knowledge of English language
- Pick up at your hotel
- Bamboo sticky rice tasting
- Make your own spring roll and enjoy it!
- Fresh coconut juice (drinking out of the coconut)
- Transport to your hotel after the tour
What is not included?
- If you want to see the impressive crocodile farm, the entrance fee for the farm is not included (2 USD).
- By bike: 15 USD
- By tuk-tuk (safe driving certificate): 15 USD
- By motor bike: 19 USD
- By car: 50 USD